The reason I haven't been posting recipes lately is because I haven't been cooking, or eating. No friends, I have spent this summer addicted to drinking watermelon juice. I would call it the 'watermelon juice diet' and make boatloads of money if it actually made me lose weight.
For a very long time I used to crave the slushy frozen fancy coffee drinks. The ones with obscene amounts of sugar and cream. Those were refreshing too, but left bad aftereffects of heartburn, a sugar crash and extra pounds on the scale the next morning.
This watermelon drink is just so much better than the coffee drinks in every way. I get the coldness, the refreshment, the sugar burst - natural sugar, and it's 100% natural...no preservatives. I first had this combination in the form of a punch with vodka. Personally, I like it better without the booze. Then I started ordering it at my local juice bar until I realized that I was paying $4 for a cup of pureed watermelon, when I could have bought an entire watermelon for $4 and have my own juice for over a week!
Ok, enough of my rambling. Here's the recipe. Again, I like recipes with very few ingredients and steps.
The Ultimate Watermelon Slushie
1 cup ripe watermelon
3 ice cubes - crushed
3-4 leave fresh spearmint - (I grow this in my garden)
Blend all ingredients in a blender and pour into a tall glass.
Seriously life changing.
1 comment:
Absolutely delicious.
Post a Comment