This little gem came together just today. I have been searching for ways to cut down/eliminate processed carbs from my diet - not an easy task. I've been making lots of gazpacho lately and have been using soaked breadrolls to give it a creamy consistency. I found that substituting ground almonds for the bread eliminates the refined carbs and adds nutrients. This recipe is delicious, easy and perfect for summer. I will be making more of this tomorrow.
Micki's Easy Cucumber Gazpacho
2 English cucumbers (The long ones that are sold in platic wrap) peeled and diced
1/2 red onion, diced
1 carton store bought low-fat tzaziki dip (I like Astro)
1/4 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil - don't cheap out here, the quality DOES matter
1-2 tbsp sherry vinegar
1/2 cup ground almonds
Blend all ingredients in food processor or blender and refrigerate overnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment