Monday, January 26, 2009

When flowers won't do, say 'I love you' with poo.

Ok....so....how to begin this one.
First of all, I have to say that I love http://www.uncommongoods.com/
They have unique and creative gift ideas, and I visit the site often. Having said that, today just added a new product - in time for Valentines Day - that has left me scratching my head.
"Elephant Poo Roses
The saying
'stop and smell the roses' takes on a whole new meaning with these odorless paper roses that are handmade completely from elephant poop! Eco-friendly, innovative, sanitary and stink-free "

I wasn't aware that growing ACTUAL FLOWERS was a threat to our environment.
That it would be more cost effective to pay a human to poop 'n scoop behind dumbo's-well-behind and then for someone else to fashion flowers out of feces. As explained on the site...
"The making of paper starts with the collection and processing of the dung pulp. Elephant dung is typically full of short to medium grained fibrous materials from the elephants diet which when processed makes excellent paper."
While I applaud the innovation, I don't know of a woman who would feel warm and fuzzy with such a shitty Valentine's gift. Roses are sold for $15-48.

No comments: