So we're back on the wagon after the Smores Pie detour, yet I'm still on an ice-cream kick. Ice-cream is one of my food addictions, and I actually forgot about this recipe until my mother-in-law reminded me of it tonight. It's one of her faves! At this point you may have noticed that I don't like recipes with lots of ingredients or steps. This recipe has 3 ingredients. At work they call it 'cost-effective and efficient'. At home I call it 'cheap and lazy.' In any case, I think that's what makes it so pleasantly surprising when they taste awesome.
I got this gem from the Body For Life cookbook, by Bill Philips. I find these suckers taste yummier and fudgier than store-bought fudgesickles, which taste a little like wood chips.
Yummy Protein Popsicles
1 ½ cups fat free cottage cheese (you don't taste it at all once it's done)
½ cup evaporated skim milk - you buy this in tins in any grocery store
1 pkg chocolate (or any flavor) fat free jello pudding powder**
Put all ingredients in blender, blend until smooth. Put in popsicle molds and freeze.
** If you're lucky to live in the US, you can use sugar-free pudding powder. We don't have that in Canada, so unfortunately our pudding mixes do have sugar, which ups the calorie and carb content somewhat. I stock up on a few puddings when I'm south of the border just for this recipe.
No comments:
Post a Comment