
It's been almost 2 years since my wedding, and some days I think I'm actually over it. The bridal mags warned of 'post-wedding withdrawal' but I don't think they intended it to last this long. The truth is, I had the best time ever planning my wedding, and although I had many many bridezilla moments, planning my wedding was the perfect opportunity for me to showcase my fun ideas. (oh, and acquire a significant other...yada yada yada...)
now back to me. I still look at my wedding pictures at least once a week which is an improvement...it used to be daily. What my guests still remember most about that day, were the centrepieces. The design was a collaboration between me and my wonderful florist, Fiona from Stemz . I was looking to incorporate sliced lemons and sunflowers into one piece. I loved the idea of doing monochromatic yellows throughout. With a rough sketch and an explanation of my vision, Fiona made it happen.
My invitation was designed with a photo of a single lemon. It confused people. After all, lemons are symbolic of something sour, not love and marriage. Ok, maybe marriage. But once they saw the finished piece, they were amazed. Hundreds of photos were taken of this thing - I know because for the next 3 months, they were emailing pics to me. Clear cellophane is the trick to keeping the lemon slices from falling to the
bottom.
No comments:
Post a Comment