Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A decade in 30 notebooks

One day, if I am so lucky and so blessed, they will make a movie about my life. If they made a movie about my life, it would be called 'The Notebook.'


In 1999, one of my brilliant college profs gave some advice. She said. 'You never know when inspiration will strike. Get yourself a notebook, and keep it with you always. Whenever you have an idea, write it down.' I took her advice and after that class, I got myself a notebook. I started sketching stuff and writing down random thoughts. The random thoughts turned into quotes, phone numbers, ideas, song lyrics, guitar chords, many pasted photos of dachshunds, recipes, computer shortcuts, etc....


It's been 10 years since then and I never stopped writing. Today I filled my 30th notebook.



I often go back and read through the decade that was my 20's and I'm I feel grateful that I've kept up writing. My notebooks are like mental photo albums. I can go back and read a photograph of my 21 year old mind - what my priorities were. I have chronicled every milestone, fear, dream, goal reached and goal abandoned. I have noted names of interesting people that I wanted to meet - only to have met them a few years later (perhaps a little law of attraction action?)

Thank you Arlene Cohen, for creating an Inspiration Junkie.

I am excited for a new year, a new decade (my 30's) and especially a new notebook. If they ever made a movie about my life, it would be called 'The Notebook.' Something tells me the movie would do well.

No comments: