Wednesday, December 17, 2008

New Years Resolutions for 2009

I've been thinking about this one. Why does it seem that every year, I make the same lame resolutions....lose ## pounds, save $$ dollars, achieve *** at work...yada yada...so uninspiring...

For 2009, the Inspiration Junkie is going to mix it up a little. Instead of the same old thing, I'm going to think 'out of the box' and come up with different things to resolve. Maybe then I can stick to them. And by sharing them on my blog, I will make myself accountable.

1. Get over my fear of ice. Yes. I'm the slow person that's holding you up in the winter. You may see my backside as I'm hunched over and shuffling along like there's poopoo my pants. Once you pass and realize it's me and I'm not 100, you laugh and swear. I'm walking like that because I tend to fall easily.

2. Learn to use my sushi rolling machine. Knowing how much we love sushi, my mother-in-law gave us a sushi-rolling machine. It looks great, but comes with an instructional DVD. That part is intimidating. Then again, my turbo hair straightner came with an instructional DVD too and that didn't stop me...

3. Stop watching so much trashy reality TV. And try to get on a trashy reality TV show instead.

4a. Get a cleaning lady. Can that be a resolution? or:
4b. Teach my dog to clean the house. She's at home lying around all day. What, you've never seen the show 'Dogs with Jobs?' - and if I succeed, I can get us onto 'Dogs with Jobs' and fulfill resolution #3. Multi-tasking we call it.

5. Stop sticking the little Chiquita stickers from fruit and tomatoes all over the kitchen counter and walls. It really pisses off my husband.

6. Learn to speak with a Trini accent. Trini accents are dead sexy.

7. Stop 'faking it' during the abs routine at the gym. Just because the instructor is on her back too, it doesn't mean she doesn't see me just laying there. As they said in high school 'you're only cheating yourself. Now do some crunches.'

8. Learn to turn my TV on and off. Ok, it sounds dumb at first, but it takes 5 remotes (TV, cable box, VCR, DVD, surround sound system). By the time I figure out how to turn the thing on, I've missed the show. And once I learn to figure out the TV, I can watch the instructional DVD to my sushi roller.

9. Take the stairs instead of the elevator at work. With 14 floors, I can burn calories and kill valuable work hours at the same time. Multi-tasking we call it.

10. Post more often. Maybe then you'll visit more. I miss you when you're away.

1 comment:

Megan said...

*giggle* I love number five!