Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Oprah's Fat Again.

I have missed an entire month of blog posting. The world economy is going to hell in a handbasket. Canadian politics is finally as interesting as the Young and the Restless and THIS is what I chose to write about?


Yes friends. News flash-Oprah's fat again. So many thoughts rushing through my head. One particular dislike that bugs me is when people comment about people's weight to their face. Like when someone tells you that you've gained a few pounds, or ask if you've lost weight. Even the most scalephobic people have eyes and/or wear pants. Um...they know their own current weight situation without other people's feedback, it's personal. Thank you very much.


Then there's the other extreme, Oprah, who has built an empire on many things, and her battle of the bulge being one of them. The reason I am writing about this on a blog that's mainly about inspiration, is because Oprah has been a leader that I've looked up to for a very long time. By publicly admitting that she's fallen off the wagon and gained weight back, it has made me admire to her even more. (an aside, I noticed a little more junk in Oprah's trunk for a while, and so has my mom, but who are we to comment...see paragraph above). I am proud of Oprah for admitting that she is human. The most powerful woman in the world turns into a blubbering mess, literally, when faced with rugelach just like us regular folk.


Lately I've been having conversations about how when certain people reach success, they disconnect. They become snobs and lose touch with their humanity. Oprah has never done that. This is her secret to success. She's real, and the relatability has kept her on top. I'm proud of Oprah for 'coming out' about her weight gain - not an easy thing to do, but I think it's made it easier for others to admit that we're all human. I love you Oprah. Come over to my place any time. I'll bake.

No comments: