Monday, March 23, 2009

Dressed for Success!


Having a soy intolerance means that I can't eat 99% of commercial salad dressings out there. They are all made with soybean oil. All except the Renees brand. I looooooooove Renees dressings - all of them! I always have at least 3 going in my fridge at the same time. Also, they have great recipes on their website which I do love to browse.

There is only one problem with my love/obsession with Renees dressings -the kind in the jar-really high calories (80 per tbsp). I do like my big salads where I douse my lettuce in creamy dressing. This week I discovered a little trick to stretch my dressings without adding muchos calories. I add 2 tbsp 1 % buttermilk to 1 tbsp dressing. I get the creaminess and the moistness (c'mon, you can trick your brain that it's not rabbit food) without upping the fat intake. I've heard some people do the same thing with yogurt, but I find it tastes too sour.

2 comments:

Spinner said...

Yum. Renee's IS good. But you know my hatred of salad. And it's gotten worse. I ate salad for two weeks in an effort to be good and I GAINED. Stupid salad. Went to Spin today. Totally missed you. I think for my birthday I'm going to get a babysitter and do ALL 3 of Sandy's Friday classes at the Wellington. You in?

Micki said...

I'm SOOOO in!