You know that you have good friends when they buy your spouse birthday gifts that are really meant for you. Like when my wonderful friends bought my hubby the Magic Bullet (yes, THE Magic Bullet from the Infomercial) for his birthday. Oh, the possibilities...
like my Chocolate Milkshake that I made for dinner tonight. I wish I could take credit for the recipe, because it's genius, but I got it from the wonderful Skinny Chef website. Usually when I tell people of these whacky creations they respond with your typical, 'you crazy girl, you get on wit' yo' crazy self.'
But in all seriousity...this milkshake is insanely creamy and yummy. Yes, it does contain fat, but the fat from the avocados is the heart healthy kind - as opposed to the artery clogging kind found in ice-cream.
Chocolate Avocado Milkshake - From Skinny Chef
1/2 Avocado
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups skim milk
2 tbsp sugar*
Blend in blender (or, if you are so blessed, in your magic bullet) and voila. I seved mine over ice. Magical!
*After 27 years of homage to little yellow packets, I have decided to use actual sugar. I was raised on saccherine and aspertime, and now at age 30, I feel that the few extra calories are better than the unknown effects of artificial chemical sweetners.
No comments:
Post a Comment