Friday, May 1, 2009

I'm sold on silicone - and not in the way you're thinking.


My first blush with silicone bakeware was around 2 years ago when I took a chance on a mini-muffin tray. Many moons, mini muffins and cupcakes later I decided that I need to get a regular size silicone muffin tray.


After work, I made a quick dash to the St. Lawrence Market before it closed to visit my fave haunt for kitchen ware, Placewares. Luckily, I got so much more than just my muffin tray. The very smart cashier opened my eyes to a whole new world of uses for my little plastic tray. It was super silicone serendipity. Who knew you could do so much like make:
  • Gigantic ice-cubes
  • Jello Shots
  • Individualised sorbet desserts
  • Poaching eggs in the oven or the microwave
  • Little toast cups for hors d'ouvres
  • Mini meat-loaves
  • Ice-cream sandwiches
  • Baking falafel
I do get really excited over stuff like this (as husband rolls his eyes) and yes, I have overdone the alliteration in this post.

No comments: