Eating at my house is like Fear Factor without the money.
I adore my friend 'Suz' for many reasons, but one of them is that she doesn't get grossed out by stuff I cook. So when she was having a get-together, I knew it was time for something funky. I found the recipe for Tomato Soup Cupcakes from Vanilla Garlic , one of my new fave blogs, I had to try it.
There's a whole can of tomato soup in these cupcakes! Apprently this type of thing was big in the '40's and '50's in low-income households, so I felt it was apropos given our worldwide plunge into the financial sewer.
Gross as it may seem, These were yummy! The tomato taste was undetectable. Instead, the acidity of the tomatoes really punched out the cinnamon/clove spicyness.
I did lick the bowl after baking. For lycopene - of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment